Business how to earn money from home without any investment how to make money from home part time real ways to make money from home for free
Welcome to Dispensed Daily, your daily dose of healthcare news from Business Insider’s healthcare editor Lydia Ramsey Pflanzer and the healthcare team. Subscribe here to get this newsletter in your inbox every weekday.
I’m Kimberly Leonard, and I’m guest hosting today’s edition of Dispensed Daily from Washington, DC.
I welcome tips about the Biden and Trump campaigns, Congress, and the White House. You can reach me at email@example.com.
Here’s a helpful story for those of us working from home during the pandemic: 6 ways you can mentally and emotionally prepare for working from home long term.
Let’s get to today’s news. The 18 power players shaping Google’s burgeoning healthcare business, top VCs eye booming biotech IPO market for capital, and public health experts offer an agenda for a Biden administration.
If you’d like to subscribe to Business Insider to read even more of our reporting, I encourage you to use this 20% discount code for an annual subscription. Don’t forget we also offer a one-month trial for only $1.
Google; Geisinger Health; Samantha Lee/Business Insider
POWER PLAYERS: Meet the 18 executives and scientists at Google Health who are shaping the future of the tech giant’s healthcare business
- After a past effort flopped, Google is going deeper into the healthcare industry by building a team of health pros.
- Called “Google Health,” it includes more than 500 managers, scientists, and engineers – and plans to get bigger.
- Business Insider identified the 18 most important people shaping the new group’s strategy.
Top biotech VCs reveal how they plan to take advantage of a record IPO market, as biotechs go public earlier than ever
- Business Insider spoke with top venture capitalists about why the drug industry is shattering capital-raising records in 2020 and how they plan to take advantage.
- VCs said they’re advising biotechs that are now considering going public earlier than expected because of the booming public market.
- Biotech is still a risky gambit, VCs say, but money has flowed into the space as other industries, clobbered by the pandemic, appear shakier than usual.
6 public-health experts offer a coronavirus agenda for Biden and Harris’ first day in office, should they win
- We asked 6 public-health experts to set an agenda for Biden and Harris’ first day in office, should they win.
- The experts made a clear request: Put the scientists in charge.
- They think Biden and Harris should ramp up testing, hold daily press briefings, and mandate masks.
More stories we’re reading:
- Forty percent of U.S. COVID-19 tests come back too late to be clinically meaningful, data show (CNBC)
- 7 ways BIPOC-owned businesses can position themselves to land substantial funding in the next round of federal relief, according to the founder of a small business loan marketplace (Business Insider)
- Can air conditioners spread COVID-19? (NPR)
- Wartime doctors battling covid-19 rush to treat the ill — but without knowing what really works (Washington Post)
Click here to get Dispensed delivered to your inbox every day — and take care!